Old San Juan, Puerto Rico – May 4-13, 2012
San Juan, the Capital City of Puerto Rico and Jorge A. Santini, its honorable mayor will be hosting the Fifth International Artisans Crafts Fair (FERINART), from May 4th to the 13th, 2012, throughout historic Old San Juan!
Over the years FERINART has become one of Puerto Rico’s most important offerings, specially designed by the Crafts Development Program of the Municipality of San Juan, to promote craftsmen work and to develop new markets. Aside from selling and exhibiting their work, participating artisans will benefit from workshops by Master Craftsmen who excelled in their technique, as well as seminars by experts in the field and the opportunity to be recognized with one of the awards.
FERINART San Juan 2012 will select two artisans from each invited country and 100 artisans from Puerto Rico.
Some of the countries invited to this occasion include:
Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Canada,Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Gambia, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Italy, Lebanon, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Tanzania, Turkey, USA and Uruguay.
- Promote the exchange of new materials, techniques and information between artisans.
- Provide the opportunity to identify new customers, both retail or wholesale.
- Facilitate the dialogue between marketing experts and artisans to discuss likes and trends on markets other than their own.
- Strengthen the cultural and economic aspects of handmade crafts.
- Artisans interested in participating must complete the Application Form and send it on or before Tuesday, May 31, 2011, by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- Application Form must be accompanied with: a résumé, a passport copy and photos of those crafts planned to be exhibited.
- FERINART’S Organizing Committee will evaluate all applications. Once they agree upon which artisans to invite, they will send out the Official Invitations and Registration Forms. The Official Invitation will be personalized, (is non-transferable) and signed by FERINART’S Executive Director.
- Artisans invited must have a valid passport issued at least six (6) months prior to FERINART’S starting date.
- It is required to have a USA visa for travel into the United States and its territories.
- Comply with all the regulations of USA Customs and Immigration Authorities.
- Artisans invited must have sufficient inventory of top-class crafts to exhibit and sell during the whole 10-day event. However, due to the elevated costs of customs returns, participants need to be aware that costs for the their crafts may be high once they are considered as cargo.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPATING
- A Certified Official Invitation to participate in FERINART 2012.
You’ll need to attach this letter to the documents requesting the USA visa.
As an official document you may also want to use it to get sponsors to help with your costs.
- 12 days/11 nights in double occupancy room accommodation to share with another participant.
(Please note: additional days prior to May 3rd, or beyond May 13th, 2012 are not included.
If your visa allows you, and you decide to add a few extra days to your stay, you need to make the proper arrangements on your own).
- Transportation from/to the airport, daily lunches and transportation to/from the Fair.
- A 6’ x 6’ (1.82 m x 1.82 m) FREE identified booth (by name and country), plus a table and chair.
You’re responsible for your own products set-up. Prices of crafts are to be labeled in US dollars. There is no warehouse space available; all crafts will remain inside the booths.
FERINART will provide 24-hour security.
- A Participation Certificate issued by FERINART – San Juan 2012
- Extensive promotion in the media
- Artisans invited will have to cover for their air Ticket round trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico,
both for themselves and their luggage or and cargo shipment of crafts.
- You’ll have to pay for excess luggage and cargo shipment, if you have any.
- You’ll have to coordinate and pay with a Customs Agent in case your cargo is detained at the airport’s Customs Department.
- You need to have a valid medical plan in case of an emergency.
- You’ll have to rent any extra tools or exhibition stands you may require.
• SCHEDULE DE FERINART:
Trusday, May 3 - 1:00 p.m. – BOOTH ASSEMBLY
Friday, May 4 - 11:00 a.m. - FERINART’S OPENING
Tuesday, May 8 – 11:00 a.m. – FERINART’S INAUGURAL CEREMONY
Friday, May 11 - 11:00 a.m. – AWARD CEREMONY
Sunday, May 13 - 9:00 p.m. - CLOSING CEREMONY
– 9:30 p.m. – DIS-ASEMBLY
Exhibit and sale schedule: Fridays and Saturdays: 12 m – 12:00 pm;
Sunday to Thursday: 12:00 m – 9:30 pm
FERINART Jury will grant four (4) prizes. Certificates of excellence will also be issued.
First Prize: To the Best Traditional Puerto Rican Artisan
First Prize: To the Best Traditional International Artisan
First Prize: Innovation and Design Category – Puerto Rico
First Prize: Innovation and Design Category – International
Looking forward to greeting you.
FERINART – San Juan 2012